Please join the St. Croix River Association and the UW-Madison Extension, Natural Resources Education Program on the morning of Saturday, August 22 from 9:30-11:30 AM for a casual and educational paddle at Clear Lake Park and Campground!
This event is geared towards women who own woodlands and would like to learn more about woodland programs in their area while also having a fun day on the water. No kayaking experience is necessary; the lake is calm, small and easy to kayak in. While kayaking, we will have presentations from:
- The St. Croix River Association, who will discuss kayaking basics, aquatic invasive species and also the “My St. Croix Woods” Program.
- The WI Department of Natural Resources, who will discuss tax incentive programs and forestry management.
- The Lower Chippewa Invasive Partnership, who will discuss terrestrial invasive species.
- The WI Extension, to discuss their woodland educational programs.
Connect with natural resources professionals and fellow woodland owning women. Registration is limited, so please register early!
Click here to register.
For the protection of all participants, facemasks are required while prepping for paddling. Please bring your own facemask. If you are feeling sick or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, we ask that you stay home and refrain from participating.
When: Saturday, August 22 from 9:30-11:30 AM
Where: Clear Lake Park and Campground
398 7th St NW
Clear Lake, WI 54005
Cost: $40 for equipment (includes PFDs, paddles and kayak)
(If you would like to bring your own kayak, the event is $20.)
- This paddle is appropriate for ages 12 and above; all participants between 12 and 17 must be accompanied by an adult.
- If this event is canceled due to inclement weather, we will post a notification on SCRA’s Facebook page and we will do our best to contact all registered participants.
- We require all participants to wear PFD’s.
Date: August 22
Time: 9:30 am - 11:30 am
Cost: $20 – $40
St. Croix River Association
Email: [email protected]